Mayde tea infuser comes with a lid for a very important purpose- and that is because when you add boiling water to a herbal tea containing volatile oils, (volatile oils are the part of the plant with the medicinal benefit) they can evaporate with the steam. Mayde advises that you take the following steps to maximise the therapeutic benefit when consuming Mayde Tea using our infuser:
- Place the infuser in your mug of choice.
- Put one serve of tea into the infuser
- Fill the mug up with boiling water, saturating all of the tea. (Please check appropriate temperature for the tea you are using- not all should be 100 degrees!)
- Place the lid on the infuser and let steep for the time stated on the brewing instructions
- Take the lid off and place next to the mug upside-down. Lift out the infuser and place in the lid to prevent dripping tea on your table.
Enjoy your Mayde Tea!